Masterclass – Apocalypse mon chou
So, we won’t deny the cold and hard truth: nobody cares about the climate. We don’t have the time to prune our chestnut tree because we have to drive our 4×4 gas-guzzler to the recycling center, before taking care of our compost heap situated next to the nuclear power plant. The result of all these efforts? We’re all going to die. In the light of this cynical individualism, the BIFFF sees an opportunity. As climate has become a generic term for all kinds of doom scripts, which would be the best ideas for apocalyptic films? Quickly, before we collectively devour our front yard!
• Raphaël Stevens has a Master’s degree in holistic science and is co-author of Une autre fin
du monde est possible (Seuil, 2018), Petit Traité de résilience locale (Editions Charles-Léopold
Mayer, 2015) and Comment tout peut s’effondrer (Seuil, 2015).
• Cédric Chevalier is holder of a Master’s degree in economic research. He presides the collective
“Déclarons un Etat d’Urgence environnemental et social” and often contributes to Paul
• Théophile Lienhardt has a Master’s degree in research in marine biology and a Master’s degree
in climatic and agronomic sciences. He’s also an active member in grass-root movements such
as “Rise for Climate” and “Déclarons un Etat d’Urgence environmental et social”.
• Fred Castadot is co-scriptwriter for the ENNEMI PUBLIC TV-series.
• Laurent Brandenbourger wrote the scripts for DODE HOEK and LES BARONS.
• Mathieu Reynaert is the author of the scripts for A PERDRE LA RAISON and LES SURVIVANTS.